Skip to main content

Fun Is An Attitude


Andy and I have had an exciting insane few weeks since we returned from Alabama. First of all the drive back to Arizona was not easy. We were pulling the horse trailer with a few things we wanted to bring back, including: A dirt bike, twin size bed, lots of baby things (huge thank you to the friends and family who were so generous to baby buck), a western saddle- just to name a few. I tried my best to enjoy the road trip but I was so uncomfortable and my sweet baby continually stuck his feet in my ribs throughout the drive taking my breath away... Nonetheless, we made it.


We finally got home to find our guest bathroom toilet had been leaking for who knows how long while we had been gone. We had a large mattress in the hallway (we were in the process of moving) and thought, "wow that was lucky- it caught all the water".  Ha. Little did we know the water had gone under the floor into the living room, master bed room, and master closet... and ruined all the floors. I wanted to punch something.  Now, not only are we to get ready for a baby but we have to start by ripping out our floors and baseboards. I filed the first insurance claim in my life and they got started. Wow, have I learned A LOT.  First we had to complete a drying process. For those of you who do not know, this means LARGE flipping loud machines and fans in your house for about 3 days and 3 nights. I mean it's already dry as heck in Arizona but let's add some dehumidifiers to suck up every ounce of moisture that could possibly exist in the house. And my tiny little humidifier I run every night to keep the nose bleeds at bay was useless.  Raja even suffered with her skin drying out so bad she was basically a big walking pile of dandruff- gross. Well, this phase finally ended, thank you Lord.


Then the insurance adjustor came and gave us an estimate with the contractor, ya de ya da... I won't go into it. We were about to get started on putting this house back to together (keep in mind 5 WEEKS until baby's due date now) when Andy starts throwing up at 2:00 one morning. I try to be sweet, but honestly I'm keeping my distance because I'm thinking "if he has the stomach flu, I sure as heck do NOT want to get it my last month of pregnancy". But no matter, I start throwing up not long after. Keep in mind, we still haven't fixed the guest bathroom toilet yet, so we are having to take turns vomiting in this one toilet... Andy even had to use the trash can. Y'all, this was not a pretty sight. Come to find out we had food poisoning. We survived. It was rough and I will spare you all the details-  like that Andy also threw up in the parking lot of the OB triage in front of lots of people.

OH did I forget to mention, Andy is studying for dental school boards. Yeah, he takes boards in a few days... So there's that.

Then poor Raja got stung by a scorpion in our backyard. Sometimes, I think Arizona is just out to get us. The poor pup. She is super dramatic anyway, but this was quite a scene.

However, there is light at the end of the tunnel!! We are not sick anymore, we are able to eat more than just bread at this point, they are going to start fixing our house after the 4th, baby (so far) has decided not to come too early and he survived the food poisoning, Andy will be done with boards in a few days, Raja's skin is getting better and she was not poisoned by the scorpion, WE GET ALL NEW FLOORS AND PAINT, we've learned more about insurance terminology than I could have ever wanted to know, the horses are making it through this heat and I have some AMAZING friends helping me out with them, I have finally organized most baby stuff, MY MOM COMES IN 3 WEEKS, and we are going to have a precious baby boy in about 4ish weeks no matter the chaos he will be born into! I know the next few weeks are going to be crazy and Andy and I will most likely have to get a hotel because I am not supposed to be in the fumes and sawdust but we will live. And we get to pick out paint and floors :) That's fun, right!

So as my grandmother has always told me- fun is an attitude. You can pitch a "teala fit" (as my family calls it) when things don't go according to plan which i can't lie, I did a little bit during all of this or you can laugh about it, see the good in what's coming out of it, and move the heck on with life.

Readers: I hope you have had an easier go here recently, but I'm sure some of you have had a much harder time, as well. Just keep on keeping on! And he's a picture of our sweet baby with his foot in his face to make things a little better.

Thanks for reading!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Okay time, let's cool the jets.

For the first time in my life I wish time would slow down. I've always longed for the next step. In high school I wanted college --> college I wanted to know what to do with my life --> graduate school I wanted to be married --> married wanted to settle in and know where we would live --> and now... I want it to slow down. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to go back... no, never take me back {please}. I can't believe I'll be 25 in less than a month AND in October Andy and I will be married 2 years.  All I'm saying is how in the world did that happen? I'm so excited for the future and what God has in store for our lives, but do you ever wish you could freeze time for a little while? Just soak it all in a little bit longer... I do. So I have decided I am going to enjoy every adventure Andy and I are blessed with. Every run that I just want to cry on because I am dying, every mountain bike trip that I secretly want to hit Andy on because he is s

A desert summer.

We moved into a new house this week!!! My family came out to help us move and of course we had to make some time for play.  We made the tough treck to Fossil Creek!  It was worth it.   I jumped off the little one. It was scary. I don't think I'll do it again.  On the last day we went to Apache Lake.  I forgot my camera so we don't have many documents of this trip, but it was very relaxing.  We are so thankful for their help. And for play time. And for our new house!! 

Why The Wait?

Wait : stay where one is or delay action until a particular time or until something else happens.  "Wait" is not a a word I like to hear. It makes me angry.  It's not in our human nature, waiting. Especially in our society where we are accustomed to getting everything immediately. So why the wait? Why does God force us to wait? Andy and I have been hit with the waiting game pretty hard lately. This is what I have learned... Trust God. Waiting has a way of forcing me to trust His plan. We know He has gone before us. However, He only allows us to see one step directly in front of us at a time. Each time we take a step, He provides us with the next step. I have wrestled with this, desperately wanting to know where we will be next year, and the next; never being content with knowing where we are today. Today, right now, we are fine. God has made sure of that- why can't that be enough? What I have learned: it is enough. Today is enough. And we trust