Skip to main content

Keep It Simple



Yes, we are still here, alive and well in Arizona- with an all new blog page!


Life is going pretty great. Andy is almost in the clinic and I am finishing up my last few weeks of work! May is going to be a big life changer for us and we are so excited for it. We're getting into the routine of the parent life, I'd say pretty well. The last 2 weeks we have gotten at least 7 hours of sleep a night! So kind of feeling like a boss right now; compliments to the baby boy- thanks for that.


I've been debating a lot lately on where to go with this blog... I originally started it to keep up with our adventures in Arizona. I must say, I do enjoy going back and reading old posts and remembering all the fun times {and difficult times} we have had. However, I have decided I do not want my baby's entire life posted on blogger world for all of man kind to see- so I am going to keep the blog for memories, adventures, and thoughts but I am keeping the baby pictures to a minimum.

Love Bring Us Home was my original blog name. It was fitting for the time- we were moving across the country and leaving "home". However, Arizona has become home now- our family has become "home". Yes, we are still going to move back to the south, eventually. (and I SO look forward to that day). But for now we are just trying to keep it simple and enjoy our time out west; as long as we're together, we are home.

 I've changed the name of the blog to Keep It Simple. I like the word "simple". It's a good word.

Having a baby makes it difficult to keep things simple. You feel like you need to take all of your household items in order to go to lunch with a friend. This is not true. Over the last 9 months we have learned to slowly {slowly being the key word} consolidate to travel necessities only. We have flown with our baby 6 times in 9 months { 2 of those times I was alone and 2 of those times we had our dog, as well}. First of all, we learned to ignore the unpleasant people who mean mug you when your baby is screaming{ for 3 and a half hours straight, so sorry} but we also learned we do not need an entire bag the size of our dog stuffed with things. Our bag decreased in size with every flight because it is exhausting to carry a 40 pound bag and a 20 pound baby all day in an airport.

We have been working daily at simplifying many areas of our lives. A lot of self frustration, anger, and discontentment come from complexity. Of course there are areas in our lives which must remain complex but why make every area difficult?

Traveling, toys, adventures, small daily victories, household chores, exercise, happiness, joy- simple. Everything doesn't have to be so complicated. So here's to enjoying the simple things in life and enjoying each moment with each other.

We have a new blog title, new blog page, and a new little life going on here. Thanks for going through this journey with us! And thanks for reading.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Okay time, let's cool the jets.

For the first time in my life I wish time would slow down. I've always longed for the next step. In high school I wanted college --> college I wanted to know what to do with my life --> graduate school I wanted to be married --> married wanted to settle in and know where we would live --> and now... I want it to slow down. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to go back... no, never take me back {please}. I can't believe I'll be 25 in less than a month AND in October Andy and I will be married 2 years.  All I'm saying is how in the world did that happen? I'm so excited for the future and what God has in store for our lives, but do you ever wish you could freeze time for a little while? Just soak it all in a little bit longer... I do. So I have decided I am going to enjoy every adventure Andy and I are blessed with. Every run that I just want to cry on because I am dying, every mountain bike trip that I secretly want to hit Andy on because he is s

A desert summer.

We moved into a new house this week!!! My family came out to help us move and of course we had to make some time for play.  We made the tough treck to Fossil Creek!  It was worth it.   I jumped off the little one. It was scary. I don't think I'll do it again.  On the last day we went to Apache Lake.  I forgot my camera so we don't have many documents of this trip, but it was very relaxing.  We are so thankful for their help. And for play time. And for our new house!! 

Why The Wait?

Wait : stay where one is or delay action until a particular time or until something else happens.  "Wait" is not a a word I like to hear. It makes me angry.  It's not in our human nature, waiting. Especially in our society where we are accustomed to getting everything immediately. So why the wait? Why does God force us to wait? Andy and I have been hit with the waiting game pretty hard lately. This is what I have learned... Trust God. Waiting has a way of forcing me to trust His plan. We know He has gone before us. However, He only allows us to see one step directly in front of us at a time. Each time we take a step, He provides us with the next step. I have wrestled with this, desperately wanting to know where we will be next year, and the next; never being content with knowing where we are today. Today, right now, we are fine. God has made sure of that- why can't that be enough? What I have learned: it is enough. Today is enough. And we trust