Skip to main content

We pretend to be adults.

Happy Easter!
It's just the two of us and our pup this Easter.  The first time we don't have our families surrounding us on a holiday. It's bittersweet but we're trying to adult it out.



Side note: we've learned we are pretty terrible at adulting. Our shower cracked in a few places and we had the maintenance people come and check it out. Come to find out it was a pretty big deal and they have to do a week's work on it, which means we are shower-less. 
So our apartment lent us the keys to the model apartment so we could use that shower. Being the sweet wife I am I took ALL of our toiletries to the other apartment so it would be easy to shower and whatnot without having to carry things. 
8:00pm rolls around and Andy decides to take a break from studying and go shower. However, the apartment people forgot to give us the alarm code {minor details...} that obviously arms itself after hours {or someone armed it after I left. Remember I left ALL our toiletries}. 
Needless to say, at 8:00 at night we are standing outside this apartment, that isn't ours, in our pajamas talking to the police- with our dog. Well, the police can't shut the alarm off and the apartment people wouldn't answer the emergency line. The neighbors are pretty pumped about us being there at this point. 
We have to leave, no shower, no getting our things {not even my toothbrush}, and hope for better luck next time. 

So much for that. I think the pool is going to be our temporary shower. 

Oh, another reason adulting just isn't my thing. I submitted my application for my OT license without notarizing it because I didn't know what notarizing was. I know now. 

So we celebrate Easter pretending to be adults. I think it's interesting that Christmas is a bigger, more elaborate holiday than Easter. Personally, I love Easter. Yes, Jesus was born on Christmas but he died and rose again for us on Easter. I think that should be bigger. But no one asked me. And why is the Cadbury Bunny an egg from a bunny? That just doesn't make sense...

I'm filled with so much joy celebrating the freedom Christ gave us 2,000 years ago and continues to give us today. My heart always breaks when I think about the torture Jesus endured for me but death could not keep Him! The grave is empty and will remain empty forevermore.


An adult breakfast coming at ya to start our morning.


We went to New Life Community Church. It's where we have been attending. We miss our family at Havenfield so very much but New Life has been great for us.

I made a pot roast for lunch {I even put it in the crock pot the night before, that's an adulting success}.




Andy studied most of the day. Such is his life.

Raja completely destroyed her panda. She reminds me of Sid in Toy Story the way she treats her toys. Sometimes I feel really horrible for her toys, like I betrayed them by giving them to her.

Little bit creepy. 

She had a happy easter.



I'm not a huge flower person but I thought these brightened up the apartment.


My mom has been sending the scorpion emoji at the end of her texts to me, not sure how that makes me feel. But I get to hug her tomorrow! For a whole week. 

I trust you all had a great Easter with family and friends. I also trust you're better at adulting than me.

"It was for freedom that Christ set us free" Gal 5:1



Jesus said, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die.
Do you believe this?"
John 11:25-26

Thanks for reading!  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Okay time, let's cool the jets.

For the first time in my life I wish time would slow down. I've always longed for the next step. In high school I wanted college --> college I wanted to know what to do with my life --> graduate school I wanted to be married --> married wanted to settle in and know where we would live --> and now... I want it to slow down. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to go back... no, never take me back {please}. I can't believe I'll be 25 in less than a month AND in October Andy and I will be married 2 years.  All I'm saying is how in the world did that happen? I'm so excited for the future and what God has in store for our lives, but do you ever wish you could freeze time for a little while? Just soak it all in a little bit longer... I do. So I have decided I am going to enjoy every adventure Andy and I are blessed with. Every run that I just want to cry on because I am dying, every mountain bike trip that I secretly want to hit Andy on because he is s

A desert summer.

We moved into a new house this week!!! My family came out to help us move and of course we had to make some time for play.  We made the tough treck to Fossil Creek!  It was worth it.   I jumped off the little one. It was scary. I don't think I'll do it again.  On the last day we went to Apache Lake.  I forgot my camera so we don't have many documents of this trip, but it was very relaxing.  We are so thankful for their help. And for play time. And for our new house!! 

Why The Wait?

Wait : stay where one is or delay action until a particular time or until something else happens.  "Wait" is not a a word I like to hear. It makes me angry.  It's not in our human nature, waiting. Especially in our society where we are accustomed to getting everything immediately. So why the wait? Why does God force us to wait? Andy and I have been hit with the waiting game pretty hard lately. This is what I have learned... Trust God. Waiting has a way of forcing me to trust His plan. We know He has gone before us. However, He only allows us to see one step directly in front of us at a time. Each time we take a step, He provides us with the next step. I have wrestled with this, desperately wanting to know where we will be next year, and the next; never being content with knowing where we are today. Today, right now, we are fine. God has made sure of that- why can't that be enough? What I have learned: it is enough. Today is enough. And we trust